Monday, October 29, 2012

Broken Collar Bone

Broken Collar Bone
            One day, when I was five, I was at the park with my friend watching his sister’s soccer game. Me and him decided to go over to the toy instead of watching the game. We walked over to the school toy and started playing on it. We were having a lot of fun, but I didn’t know what was going to happen in the next couple minutes.
            We made our way over to the monkey bars to climb across them. As I began to grab the bars and cross I lost my grip on one of the bars and fell right on my shoulder, fracturing my right collar bone. I was in a lot of pain and started rolling on the ground, I didn’t know at the time what was going on. My friend as soon as possible ran over and got his mom and told her what had happened. She came over and helped me up and walked me to the car and took me to my mom who took me to the hospital.
            When we arrived at the hospital I was greeted by a nice doctor. He asked me what happened and what hurt. He gave me something to help the pain and then gave me a sling and showed me how to wear it. He also told me about how long it would take to heal. He told me to try not to move it or use it at all.
            This injury could have been prevented in a couple of different ways. Like if me and my friend hadn’t decided to go over to the toy. We could have decided not to go to the game. Another way this could have been prevented would be if we hadn’t decided to go over to the monkey bars in the first place.

4 comments: